Geplaatst op

What Documents Do I Need to Apply for Settlement in the Uk

If your child is under the age of 21, you may need to prove that they live in the UK. Find out how to apply for your family. The settlement program is delivered through a digital application process. Applications are made online, with documents (if required) and proof of identity provided by mail, in person or via an online app (please note that the app only works with Android devices or iPhone 8 and newer Apple models). Another way to challenge a decision you disagree with is to appeal to the First Level Immigration Tribunal. An appeal to the court means that the Interior Ministry`s decision will be reviewed by an independent immigration judge who will review your situation and the evidence you have presented to decide whether or not they agree with the Interior Ministry`s decision. Court appeals cost £80 if you want the appeal to be based on your documents, or £140 if you want to testify orally before the immigration judge in person. It is a good idea to discuss your case with a qualified immigration advisor before appealing to the court to understand the chances of success of your appeal. Here is a list of independent legal advisors who may be able to help you.

If you have lived in the UK continuously for five years – meaning you reside in the UK for at least six months over a 12-month period – you can apply for permanent resident status. During the application process, you will be asked to confirm your identity, prove the length of your stay in the UK and declare criminal convictions. During your eligible five-year stay, you will normally have a period of more than six months outside the UK, provided it is a one-time absence not exceeding 12 months and for “just cause”. Important reasons are listed such as pregnancy, childbirth, serious illness, studies, vocational training or secondment abroad. You may be allowed to additional or longer absences if they are Related to Covid, please see our Continuous Residency page for more details. The applicant family member must prove his relationship with his european family member (e.B. a birth, marriage or civil partnership certificate). This evidence can be scanned and submitted via the online application form.

They must also prove the identity of their family member and the residence of their family member in the UK if they themselves have not yet received permanent resident status or pre-established status. You can apply for the EU Settlement Programme from the UK. Most applicants can also apply outside the UK. Applications outside the UK must be submitted via the online app as you cannot send your ID to the UK for verification. If you are a citizen of the EEA or Switzerland and have lived in the UK until the end of 31 December 2020, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Programme (EUSS) to continue living in the UK after that date. If your application is accepted, you will receive permanent or pre-established resident status. If you have a new identification document, you will need to send it by mail – you will be asked to send it after filling out the online form. You can stay in the UK for as long as you want if you get permanent status. You can also apply for British citizenship if you are eligible. You will need proof of residence in the UK unless you already have a valid permanent residence document or a permanent residence permit or perpetual permit to enter the UK. If you have paid taxes through work, received benefits or received a state pension, you can use your Social Security number to confirm that you are a resident of the United Kingdom.

The application process will automatically check your Social Security number with HMRC and DWP to check if you are a UK resident. You can also request a review of the decision. This is called administrative auditing. An application must be submitted within 28 days of the date of the decision. A fee of £80 will be charged, but it can be refunded if: a) the application is accepted or b) the application is rejected because it is invalid. The fee will not be refunded if the assessment is successful because you have submitted additional information. You can request a review via an application form. If you do not have permanent or pre-established resident status, the application deadline was 30 June 2021 (as long as you reside in the UK on 31 December 2020). You may be able to apply late in certain circumstances. The easiest way to prove this is to provide your Social Security number when you apply. If you do not provide your Social Security number, you will need to provide documents.

The following guides will help you learn more about your status and what you and your family members need to complete an application. Applications can be submitted from abroad via the identity scanning app and the online application process. The ID scanning app can only be used with valid passports and ID cards containing an interoperable biometric chip. For non-EU applicants, you can only apply from outside using the IDENTITY scanning app if you have a valid biometric residence card or a biometric permanent residence card issued in accordance with EEA regulations. If you do not have access to these records, you will need to contact the EU Resolution Centre to determine if you are eligible to apply with other evidence outside the UK. European citizens staying at the age of 31. resident in the UK as of December 2020, their family members living with them under the EUSS before that date can receive assistance (these will mainly be non-EU family members) and can also be joined in the UK by eligible family members who have not lived in the EU before 31 December 2020 (this applies to both European and non-EU family members). Although Irish citizens are not required to apply to the EUSS themselves, they can still sponsor family members who live with them or join them in the UK by proving that they would be granted either pre-established status or permanent resident status if they applied for it. There are special rules for British and Irish citizens born in Northern Ireland who can also sponsor family members under the EUSS; More information can be found here.

Applications to the EUSS must have been submitted by 30 June 2021. Applications received after 30 June 2021 may continue to be reviewed by the Ministry of the Interior if there is a valid reason why you were unable to apply before 30 June 2021 (see our Late Application Guide). This does not apply to close family members of EU citizens with established or pre-established status in the UK, who can be sponsored to join their family members under the EUSS. More information can be found here. For EU citizens who have obtained British citizenship in addition to their EU citizenship, in some cases they can sponsor their family members as part of the EUSS, but this depends on their situation at the time they became British citizens. They must have exercised their freedom of movement or contractual rights when they became British in order to sponsor their family members. This follows a ruling by the Court of Justice of the European Union entitled Lounes. Your eligibility for the EU settlement system is based on the length of your stay in the UK.

To obtain permanent status, you must have lived in the UK continuously for five years. If you have less than five consecutive years of uninterrupted residence at the time of application, you are entitled to a pre-established status. You can then apply for settlement status after living in the UK continuously for five years. The government has released comprehensive instructions and comprehensive step-by-step information on how to apply, including where to find your nearest location with identity scanning and how to get help from Assisted Digital if needed. On this page you will find information on how you successfully submitted your application and what it means to obtain status under the EU resolution system. You do not have to prove that you meet all the requirements of the applicable rules on free movement, such as . B the obligation to have comprehensive health insurance or, more generally, to describe in detail the exercise of certain rights (e.g. B the right to work) under EU law. The United Kingdom has decided at the national level that the main condition for eligibility for the resolution system will be continuous residence in the United Kingdom. Your immediate family members can move with you to the UK before 31 December 2020 (or before 31 December 2025 for spouses and life partners of Swiss citizens). They must apply for the EU establishment system as soon as they are here. Permanent resident status usually allows you to apply for citizenship after 12 months of fixed status and you won`t be asked about crime, but the Home Office will check criminal records in the UK.

If you think you have a criminal record, you should seek advice from the nearest citizens` council before applying. .